Monday 14 May 2012

Being a Mother on Mother's Day

Hellooooo and Happy Mother's Day!

Okay, okay! I know I am a day late, but I have a good reason - I was being a Mother!

Miss M, sick since Thursday evening, woke up crying with a sore tummy and very high temperature at 3.45am. Warning bells! We quickly bundled her up, and I drove her straight to the hospital where she was quickly assessed and sorted out. Phew! Not appendicitis, but a rather nasty virus, perhaps?

And so, while Miss M was hooked up to the drip in the children's ward and settled into a long sleep of recovery, I settled into knitting Miss J's cardigan, which had just happened to throw itself into my bag as I was leaving the house. It, too, must have known how long those hours of waiting in Mummy Fear Land can be!

You'll be pleased to know that Miss M had a remarkable late afternoon bounce-back today, Monday. Her cheeky grin and comments to the nurses about rhyming words gave her away! So now we are home, Miss M tucked up in bed, and Mummy and Daddy very happy that our family are all together again.

Goodbye, virus!

Oh, and by the way, it didn't escape my notice that one of life's great ironies has to be watching back to back episodes of Masterchef while eating hospital food!!!


How did you spend your Mother's Day?
What other 'essentials' would you fling in to your hospital bag?


Very happy to have my girl home,

Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment