Thursday 10 May 2012

My Creative Space - Hexagon WIP

When I set out to use all my 8ply wool leftovers in my 'Every Day in May'* hexagon blanket, I certainly didn't expect that I had quite so many bright colours. And bright they are! But I have to be honest - I'm not using all the leftovers; for some yarns there is just not enough for a whole hexi, while I didn't feel that some of the others suited the look I was vying for. Maybe they are just a bit too neutral and stood out too much? Too many middle tones?? Too many purple hues???






But my biggest questions is "Where did they all come from??"

Sam xx

View more Creative Spaces here.


*Every Day in May challenge instigated by Kate at Foxslane.blogspot.com.au

6 comments:

  1. I hear you! I am doing the same using up all my left overs but have only ended up using some as the others just don't fit!

    I am loving how your hexie blanket is turning out! Amazing what you can do with left over isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i think it looks fab....I'm loving all the bright colours and what a great way to use up the bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous! Reminds me of the colour selection chart when you use a Microsoft product (eg Publisher), and you choose the "More Colours" option. Always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hexies, I love the colours.......I have quite a few leftovers that I should try and use up......

    I've never crocheted a hexie before, maybe I'll give it a go over the weekend....perfect crochet weather...cold!!

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, they are so great! I love the bright colours, and the navy ones tie in so well. YAY!

    ReplyDelete