Thursday 6 December 2012

Mara Shawl #2



Hello!
 
A couple of days ago, I finally finished this, my 'started first / finished second' Mara shawl. It's for Jacquie, my Mother-in-law, who a couple of weeks ago moved to the town on the South Coast that we ourselves are moving down to in a couple of weeks.*
 
Once again, I have used yarn frogged from an earlier project - Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in Paper Rose colour way. This Mara version follows the pattern, using yarnover increases, until the cast off - I tried out “Jenny’s surprisingly stretchy bind-off” for the first time, but I think it has left the fringe almost too loose. The Mara pattern’s instructions for binding off are my preferred technique.
 
And, while the yarn is wonderfully soft and is beautifully light weight, it isn't very strong; I wouldn't use it to sew seams if I had made a garment from it - I would use something strong and sturdy.
 
Once again, "Yay" for the Mara Shawl pattern from madeleinetosh.com (but available on ravelry.com)! I have already begun another one, but this time for myself!!
 
But I am having fun....., even if I'm not packing as many boxes as I should!!
 
Sharing with Creative Spaces here.
 
 
Sam xx
 
*A couple of weeks? Aahhh!!!!

4 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! i love the colour you've chosen. The shawl is just so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've long wanted to try my hand at the Mara shawl, but I have my first cowl on the needles at the moment, and a few other projects as well too... :)

    And, I wanted to let you know that you are the winner of the final giveaway of the 12 days series! Please email your address and you choice of bonnet and I will send it on to Greer. Thanks so much for entering!

    :) Christina
    christina-lowry@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knitted a Mara last year and I have another on the needles. Love Mara.
    Congrats on your win.
    I'm looking forward to catching up with your adventures ow I have found your blog :)
    x Jen

    ReplyDelete