Thursday 21 March 2013

Line Break Shawl Ta-dah!



My mother-in-law isn't convinced by this asymmetrical knit.
 
"I think you've done something wrong there, Sam."
 
It's meant to be like that!
 
And even though I was also dubious at the beginning, I am totally convinced now. When this piece is draped around the neck as a scarf, the eyelets in the design follow and accentuate the contours. In addition, the ends fall in waves of flowing folds. It is, if I may say so, rather gorgeous!
 
The Madelinetosh Merino Light yarn is divinely soft, and is a perfect choice for this piece.
 
Pattern::        Line Break
Yarn::           Madelinetosh Merino Light
Colourway:: Lustre
Needles::      4mm
Modifications :: Rather than follow the pattern's directions to knit in garter stitch, I used stocking stitch. This resulted in a smaller scarf than I was expecting and, as a result, if I were to knit this again I would include another repeat of the eyelet section before beginning the border as I had plenty of yarn left.
 
Love it - and I hope its recipient does too!

Project ravelled here.
 
 
Sam xx
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What does the M.I.L know? It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam I am in awe....your shawl is beautiful and you must have a lot of patience too.
    I can imagine it would be beautifully soft when worn.


    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete