Thursday 11 July 2013

Darwinia Babydoll Dress Ta-dah!

 



Seriously, this was so much fun to knit! I started this as a bit of a knitalong while watching the Tour de France. The dress is finished, and the tour continues. Yay! More knitting time!!
 
Tikki Knits' Darwinia pattern is cleverly constructed in one piece from the top down, and is written in detailed instructions which kept me interested every step of the way. The design can be knitted in two style options, Babydoll and Dress, and its flexible sizing makes it adaptable for all sorts of little girl body shapes and sizes. 
 
pattern::    Darwinia by tikki knits (aka Georgie Hallam)
style::        Baby Doll version
size::         size 21 inch chest and 5 year old lengths
yarn::        Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8 ply yarn in Sunflower
needle::    4mm, 3.25mm
yardage::  470m or so
mods::       I didn't knit the eyelet row for the ribbon - Miss J didn't want it.
 
I am really impressed with the Luxury 8ply; it's so soft and squishy, surprisingly so for such a well priced yarn.
 
And I have a very happy Miss J - if had let her, she would have worn the dress when it was still wet so I only needed to lightly block the hem, just enough so it wouldn't fold over. Now that I have made one, I have an order for another, the dress this time, from Miss M who has chosen "big girl colours", because "they are more sophisticated, Mummy!" Hilarious!!
 
Love love love this pattern!!

 
 
 
xxx

1 comment: